You don’t need a long list of ingredients to make a healthy, delicious green smoothie. This Two-Ingredient Green Smoothie is made with just frozen mango and spinach and stays fresh (and keeps its bright color) for up to 4 days. Make a big batch and enjoy it all week.
This smoothie might as well be its own food group at our house. Most weeks I keep a pitcher in the fridge and my kids will happily drink it any time I feel like we're coming up short on fruits and vegetables. Molly and Clara have been drinking these since before they were walking and now June is keeping up the tradition. Though I’ve tried versions with a wider variety of fruits and vegetables, we always come back to this easier recipe - it tastes great and takes just a few minutes to make.
Here’s how I do it...
- Frozen Mango Cubes - I buy the 5 lb bags of frozen Organic Mango Cubes from Costco and use half of the bag for a batch of this smoothie. Frozen mango is a huge time-saver and is a lot more affordable than using fresh mango. (Fresh mango will certainly work though!)
- Baby Spinach - Any greens will work here (as will regular spinach), but baby spinach has a mild flavor that all but disappears in this green smoothie. Mostly what you taste is mango while still getting all the great nutrients from the spinach.
How to Make Two-Ingredient Green Smoothie
Just combine the frozen mango cubes, baby spinach, and 3 cups of water in a blender. Even with high-powered blenders (love my Vitamix) that can handle the frozen fruit, I prefer to let the mango defrost before blending everything together. Since this is made in a large batch and doesn’t have to be consumed right away, using defrosted mango will help you to get it to the right consistency. Blend the ingredients until smooth and then add some more water if needed to reach a smooth, pourable consistency.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
None are as popular in our house as this two-ingredient green smoothie, but when we’re feeling a bit more adventurous, here are my other favorites:
- Mango, Pitaya, and Turmeric Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Smoothie
- Mango Chia Breakfast Bowls (smoothie in a bowl!)
Two-Ingredient Green Smoothie
- 2 ½ lbs Frozen Mango Cubes
- 3 cups Water
- 2 ½ oz Baby Spinach
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (depending on the size of your blender, you may need to do this in batches).
- Let everything defrost in the blender for about 30 minutes.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add a splash of water if needed to get a smooth, pourable consistency.
- Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
*This post contains affiliate links*