This creamy, dairy-free smoothie tastes like strawberry soft serve but is packed with nutritious ingredients that make it a perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
The world seems to be fully opening back up and along with that, our family suddenly has a full schedule of kid activities. Truthfully, I didn’t mind the quieter schedule of the past couple years. We try to limit the number of things our kids are doing at one time, but with three girls playing sports and having playdates and simply just wanting to run around at the park after school, we’re doing a lot more snacking on the go. And that means a lot more smoothies. It felt like time to add some new variations to the classic easy green smoothie we make every week and this Glowing Green Smoothie that we’re all hooked on in the mornings.
Enter Strawberry Almond Oatmeal Smoothie. It’s a lighter option and nice that it’s dairy-free so I don’t worry about it sitting in my tote bag during school pick-up. It gives the kids the energy they need for busy afternoons. I love it too!
Rolled Oats in Smoothies
I love rolled oats (if you do too, check out my Mason Jar Overnight Oats). And it may sound strange, but I have long been a big fan of adding a scoop of rolled oats to my smoothies (I first discovered it with this smoothie). Oats give the smoothie added protein and fiber but they also give it a surprisingly creamy texture. If you have a high-powered blender, it will blend the oats into a smooth texture that thickens the smoothie and gives it a creamy texture. If your blender is not a high-powered one, you can soak the oats in hot water for 10 minutes first (this will soften them and help them to blend to smooth) to the blender or just skip the oats.
Also worth noting, if you like the idea of oatmeal smoothies. I recently discovered that you can make a delicious smoothie from cooked oatmeal thanks to Gina at Skinnytaste’s Avena.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Mango, Pitaya, and Turmeric Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Smoothie
- Mango-Coconut Water Smoothie
- Two-Ingredient Green Smoothie
Favorite Tools for Smoothies
Strawberry Almond Oatmeal Smoothie
- 24 ounces Strawberries, frozen (see note)
- 2 Bananas
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- ½ cup Rolled Oats (optional; see note)
- ⅓ cup Almond Butter
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, adding more almond milk or some water if needed to help everything blend. (Note: If the strawberries are frozen solid when added to the smoothie you may need up to an extra cup of liquid.)
- If you’d like the smoothie a bit sweeter, add some honey or your favorite sweetener.
Leave a Reply