This Salted Caramel Apple Cider is an easy fall drink that will have visions of fall leaves and cozy sweaters dancing in your head.
I think I need a couple more glasses of this Salted Caramel Apple Cider in my life. What we have here is a glass of warm, salty caramel, apple goodness. The fact that I can make this at home is almost enough to make me forget that a certain international coffee chain overlooked Thailand in its quest for pumpkin spice latte world domination.
It also takes a bit of the sting out of all those Facebook pics of you fall-loving people out frolicking in apple orchards.
You know who you are.
This perfectly fall-filled mug came to me by way of Amanda at Dancing Veggies. Amanda's creative vegetarian blog was my Secret Recipe Club assignment this month. Her enthusiasm for cooking is clear in each and every post and her recipes were so much fun to look through. Many of them are vegetarian twists on some of my favorite dishes including her Eggplant Parmesan Stuffed Red Peppers which sound amazing!
In the end though, I couldn't turn down what Amanda calls Salted Caramel Apple Bliss. Try this and I dare you to come up with a better title...and then I dare you to resist going back for a second mug.
More Fall Recipes
- How To Create a Festive Fall Cheese Board
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Apple, Brie and Pecan Salad
- Pumpkin Spice Pretzel Bites
- Applesauce Cake
- Apple Cider Donut Mini Muffins
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing
- Butternut Squash Soup with Turmeric and Ginger
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
- Herb Roasted Vegetables
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Salted Caramel Apple Cider
- 4 cups apple cider (or apple juice - lighter result but still delicious)
- 3 tablespoon Caramel Syrup
- 3 Cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt (more or less, to taste)
- Combine all ingredients together in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the caramel is fully incorporated and the cider is steaming hot, 7-8 minutes. Discard the cinnamon sticks (or use them to garnish the mugs). Pour into mugs and serve immediately.
*This post contains affiliate links*