Delightfully festive, this champagne cocktail uses pomegranate and pear liqueurs and sparkling wine. It is topped with pomegranate seeds that dance delightfully in the bubbles.
Making a cocktail is even more fun when you can do it at 4 in the afternoon on a Thursday and call it work. When everyone arrived for dinner last Thursday evening to find Frank and I with champagne glasses in hand, we told them we had to do it.
Yes the combination of pomegranate and pears with bubbly champagne is perfect for a holiday get-together (or random Thursday night) this time of year, but what really makes this drink fun are the pomegranate seeds that quite actually play in the glass. Bouncing up and down in the bubbles while you sip.
Bonus points for whacking the seeds out yourself, Martha Stewart style.
And those seeds, by the way, have become a hot commodity in our house. Molly and Clara devoured those things like they were candy!We’re sending warm wishes your way this holiday season. Hope it’s a fun one!
Pomegranate Pear Champagne Cocktail
- 1.5 oz Pear Vodka (we used Absolut)
- 1.5 oz Pomegranate Liqueur (like Pama)
- Dash of Bitters
- 8 fresh Pomegranate Seeds
- 5 oz Sparkling Wine or Champagne, well chilled
- In a champagne flute, combine vodka, pomegranate liqueur, and bitters. Stir gently to combine. Add seeds and pour sparkling wine over the top. Happy sipping!
And where are Molly and Clara? Well they’re getting ready for a party of course.