This festive apple cider punch comes together with delicious apple cider, ginger beer, and bourbon and can be made in batches to serve to a crowd.
Have you recovered from the Halloween sugar rush? I’m usually a bit of a Halloween scrooge and have never loved getting dressed up, but the joy of two four-year-olds on Halloween is infectious. Molly and Clara stayed up late, ate too much sugar, and loved every second of it.
In true food-blogger fashion this time of year, when one holiday ends, I switch to full on excitement for the next one. And, loving recipes and food and gathering around meals as much as I do, Thanksgiving is my favorite.
When I was dreaming up this festive Apple Cider Punch, I saw it sitting out with other drinks near a Thanksgiving spread, but it would fit well with nearly any gathering this time of year. We served ours with for an open house on Halloween last night, and it fit right in with the chili bar and toppings.
Colorful cranberries and apple slices give this Apple Cider Punch a festive look, but the flavor is pretty simple – just cider, ginger beer, and bourbon. Garnish the glasses with sticks of cinnamon and crisp cinnamon sugar apple chips.
If you haven’t had ginger beer, it’s worth seeking out for this recipe. This non-alcoholic soda is what most store-bought ginger ales aspire to be. It has a clean, sweet, fizzy flavor with a lightly spicy kick from ginger. The combination of spices from the ginger beer and the apple cider make this chilled punch still feel warming. (The bourbon helps with that too!)
For Non-Alcoholic Apple Cider Punch
Apple Cider Punch can be easily made without the alcohol too! If you’ll be serving it to a crowd that may include those who want to skip the bourbon, make the recipe as written without the bourbon. Set the bourbon on the side and add a shot to the glasses of those who want it.
More Recipes for Entertaining
- How to Set Up a Hot Chocolate Bar
- 7 Easy Dishes for a Thanksgiving Potluck
- How To Create a Festive Fall Cheese Board
- Pear and Lime Sangria
- Herb and Cheese Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- Pomegranate Pear Champagne Cocktail
Apple Cider Punch with Bourbon
- ½ gallon Apple Cider
- 1 cup / 8 oz Bourbon
- 1 12 oz bottle Ginger Beer, non-alcoholic
- 1 cup Fresh Cranberries (optional)
- 1 Apple, thinly sliced (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Cinnamon Sugar Apple Chips (optional)
- Combine apple cider, bourbon, and ginger beer in a large pitcher. Top with cranberries and apple slices.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour punch over top. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and apple chips.
Happy Halloween from our witch (Clara), Wonder Woman (Molly), and butterfly (June)! (Plus Frank lending a hand from the sidelines!)
*This post contains affiliate links*