Now here’s something to celebrate! With all the flavor of cake batter, a swirl of hot fudge and loads of sprinkles, these Funfetti Cake Batter Milkshakes are even better than licking the bowl after making a funfetti cake.
When Frank and I found out that Molly and Clara would likely be born in April, we knew that April would always be a big month of celebration for our family. (Frank and I both have April birthdays too!)
So when the girls were born ON my birthday, the universe deemed that it would forever be a day filled with fun (and cake)!
So today, I’m stopping in for just a minute to share this treat of the moment that follows the theme for the month…parties! When I came across this Birthday Cake Milkshake a few weeks ago while skimming every image google has that involves sprinkles, I had to have it.
The secret of this milkshake, and what makes it taste totally unlike any dessert I’ve ever had, is a bit of dry cake mix. I added a small bit of almond extract to bring out even more of that cake batter flavor.
And of course all the sprinkles!
More Fun Desserts
- Easy Vanilla Snack Cake
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Smoothie
- Chocolate Saltine Toffee Bark
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars
- Frozen Greek Yogurt Bark
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie
- Rainbow Yogurt Popsicles
Funfetti Cake Batter Milkshakes with Hot Fudge
- Microwave Safe Bowl or Measuring Cup
- 4 Small Glasses
- ¼ cup Hot Fudge, plus extra for serving
- 1 pint Vanilla Ice Cream
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
- ½ cup Dry White Cake Mix
- 2 Tbsp Rainbow Sprinkles, plus extra for serving
- Whipped Cream, for serving (optional)
- Warm hot fudge in the microwave just until it pours easily (stop before it gets extremely hot). Pour hot fudge into four small glasses.
- Combine ice cream, milk, almond extract, and cake mix in a blender and blend until smooth (don't over-blend or the milkshake will thin out). Pour milk shake over hot fudge in prepared glasses. Top each glass with sprinkles and gently stir the sprinkles into the milkshakes. Top each with whipped cream and extra hot fudge and sprinkles. Enjoy!
I’ll be back soon with a few more pictures of this birthday duo!
*This post contains affiliate links*