Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie
Published Sep 07, 2018•Updated Apr 06, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chocolate and peanut butter. There are a million ways to combine them and none ever get old! This pie is like a fluffy frozen peanut butter cheesecake – just defrost, slice and serve!
It’s still so hot here in Kansas City that we can’t tell whether summer is coming or going. We’ve still got one foot in the swimming pool and the other in the apple orchard (evidence is these Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars).
For me it’s actually one foot in a pile of laundry and the other…in another pile of laundry. Truth.
June is six weeks old and I can hardly believe how fast the time has flown by. She’s full of sweet smiles, starting to make all sorts of baby talk noises and seems to love hanging out with Frank and I at bedtime far more than she likes falling asleep.
The older girls and I have been doing some cooking and baking while June naps. They seem to have a newfound interest in all things kitchen related. I love it! Check out the pics at the end of the post!
Frozen desserts are great for making with little helpers. The crust in this recipe requires a short 10 minutes in the oven and that step can be done ahead of time. And what four-year-old (or adult) doesn’t get excited about peanut butter and chocolate pie?
This pie is light and fluffy, rich without being too rich, and full of pure peanut butter flavor. It’s great with just a drizzle of chocolate sauce, but I couldn’t resist topping it with mini peanut butter cups from Trader Joe’s and a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
More Chocolate and Peanut Butter Concoctions
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Chocolate-Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Cake
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Smoothie
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter (Buckeye) Brownies
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie
- 9-inch Springform Pan
- Food Processor
- Stand Mixer or Handheld Mixer
- 8 oz Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (like Oreos)
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 8 oz package Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Hot Fudge
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pulse cookies and melted butter until finely ground. Press into the bottom of a springform pan. (Tip: If you think your springform pan might be prone to leaks, wrap the base up above where the base and top meet with foil to prevent melted butter from leaking out while it bakes.)
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- While crust is cooling, beat heavy cream in a standing mixer or with a handheld mixer on high until it forms stiff peaks, 3 to 4 minutes. Set whipped cream aside and return bowl to mixer (or get another bowl for a handheld mixer).
- Beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour filling over cooled crust. Smooth out the top.
- Freeze the pie until set, at least 3 hours and up to 4 days.
- Let the pie defrost at room temperature for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Slice pie and top with mini peanut butter cups, hot fudge, and / or whipped cream.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Here are the 4-year-old chefs showing off a lasagna we made last week while June snoozes from the sidelines.
*This post contains affiliate links*