A Sweet Corn, Pesto, and Goat Cheese pizza celebrates late summer flavors – sweet corn, fresh pesto, roasted tomatoes, and tangy goat cheese.
I crave community in this big city we call home. There are glimmers of community all around, but sometimes we have to go looking for them to remember that we have our own niche among the masses. Having the girls makes me realize just how important it is that we continue to carve out a corner and make it our own. We find it in evening stroller walks around our building and seeing friends at our neighborhood coffee shop and stories from the baker at the farmer’s market who has twin sons and at brunch with new friends who have twin daughters born just a day after ours (!).
Actually, a lot of our community building these days comes from having these two little girls. We can’t go anywhere without drawing attention, and while sometimes overwhelming, it does mean we’re engaging in this city new ways. And if we thought we got attention before, it’s nothing compared to sitting at brunch with another couple and their twins.
It’s something I love about blogging – all these shared moments and meals. And today one of my favorite food communities comes together through the Secret Recipe Club. This month I was assigned Sara’s blog Cupcake Muffin and loved how many creative recipes she’s tried over years of blogging. Sara has been blogging since 2007, and I dug deep, tempted by beautiful cakes and veggie-filled lasagna and awesome corn muffins (that I will definitely be making soon).
Ultimately though, with summer coming to an end back home (and perhaps the weather cooling off a bit here….maybe…a bit?), it was this pizza topped with sweet corn and goat cheese that caught my eye. In many years of homemade pizza-making, I’ve never made one with sweet corn, but it’s sort of a beautiful thing – a bit sweet and slightly caramelized from the high heat of the oven. And the fresh pesto and goat cheese make me pretty happy as well.
More Homemade Pizza Recipes
- Greek Pizza with Feta, Spinach and Olives
- Pizza Bianca with Caramelized Onions and Gruyere
- No-Knead Sheet Pan Pizza
- Deep Dish Pizza
- Brussels Sprouts, Bacon, and Goat Cheese Pizza
- Grilled Summer Vegetable and Pesto Pizza
- No-Knead Pizza Dough for Pear, Caramelized Onion, and Gorgonzola Pizza
- Thai Chicken Pizza
Sweet Corn, Pesto, and Goat Cheese Pizza
- 1 recipe of pizza dough large enough for four people (I like this one)
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Pesto
- 2 ears Corn, shucked, kernels cut off
- 4 oz Goat cheese, crumbled
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 small Red Onion, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. If using a pizza stone, place it in the oven as it heats up.
- Stretch the pizza dough into rounds and drizzle with olive oil.
- Top each pizza with pesto, corn, goat cheese, tomatoes, and red onion. Bake until the goat cheese is and the crust turn golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
*This post contains affiliate links*