A peanut butter and graham cracker base, topped with a chocolate layer means these no bake bars are fun to make and even more fun to eat.
These are so simple that even the kids can get involved. And we've got no shortage of kitchen helpers (and tasters) around here.
Were you looking for something healthy this morning? If yes, you might want to keep on moving. Because what we have today is a dessert so easy that you might have everything you need to make them hiding in your pantry. And so good that you're going to want to.
It's no secret that chocolate and peanut butter are a favorite around at house. The addition of ground graham crackers means the base has just the right balance of salty and sweet without falling too firmly in either camp.
And the melted dark chocolate needs no further explanation than this...
These bars require a few hours to set in the fridge. They are easiest to slice at room temperature, but best to eat chilled, so they're a great dessert to make ahead and keep in the fridge until about 10 minutes before serving.
And no one would complain if you added an extra drizzle of chocolate on top just for good measure.
More Chocolate and Peanut Butter Combos
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter (Buckeye) Brownies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Chocolate-Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Cake
- Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Mixing Bowls
- Food Processor
- 9x9" Baking Pan
- 12 oz Graham Crackers (2.25 cups crushed)
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoon Creamy Peanut Butter, divided
- 1 ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 8 oz Dark Chocolate, chopped (60% or more)
- Line an 9″x9″ pan with parchment paper. (This will make the bars easier to lift out when chilled.)
- Crush the graham crackers until they form a fine sandy texture. This is easiest to do in a food processor, but you could also put them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in 10 to 15 second increments. Stir in vanilla extract and salt.
- Combine butter mixture, 2 cups of peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. Stir well.
- Spread peanut butter / graham cracker mixture in pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- When base is firm, melt 2 tablespoon peanut butter with chopped chocolate until smooth and creamy, stirring every 15 seconds or so.
- Pour melted chocolate over base. Refrigerate until firm, 1 to 2 hours (see note below).
- Slice into bars and serve!
My grandma gave us her piano! Some day the girls will take lessons, but for now nothing coming out of this thing can really be called music. 😉
Those look so good! She's so cute on the piano! Molly or Clara? I'm trying, but I still can't tell them apart. 🙂
Thanks so much Rachel! That would be Molly. They are SO hard to tell apart in photos these days, but their personalities are really different.
These look amazingly delicious! I just added graham crackers or my shopping list so I can make these soon. Molly is adorable with the piano!
Chocolate and peanut butter is one of my favorite pairings, so I'm trying it to take to a church dinner. One question though. the ingredient lists 2 cups plus 4 tablespoons of peanut butter, however the instructions account for 2 cups and 2 tablespoons. which is correct?
Hi Dale. Thanks so much for your note and for catching the typo in the recipe. 2 cups + 2 Tbsp is the correct measurement. The recipe is now corrected. Enjoy!!
Being from Ohio, I call these Buckeye Bites!
Oh of course!! That's the perfect name for them!