The Chocolate and Vanilla Marbled Quick Bread is great on its own - not too sweet, and great for breakfast toasted with a bit of butter. But as it turns out it makes a fabulous base for a mini ice cream sundae as well….
Time is a funny thing for me at the moment. All at once the days are inching slowly by while the weeks seem to be flying past. Suddenly the arrival of our girls feels just around the corner…as long as I can survive the Bangkok heat and aching back/feet/hips for just a bit longer. My mom was in town last week, and we had such a great time. We spent most of the week watching movies, indulging in pedicures and massages, and relaxing. It was a much-needed break for us both, but also a bittersweet reminder of this temporary distance between Frank and I and our families in the U.S.
We ate a few great meals and did a healthy dose of organizing. Piles of tiny baby clothes - I can't get enough.
With all those baby clothes tucked neatly away and our apartment feeling more and more like we really might be ready, I was excited to do some baking on Sunday afternoon. This Marbled Chocolate and Vanilla Quick Bread was so quick and easy that it was in the oven in under 20 minutes and filling the kitchen with the aroma of chocolate and vanilla.
More Quick Bread Ideas
- Weeknight Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Crumb Cake
- One-Bowl Pumpkin Cider Bread
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- Mini Loaf Pans
- Anchor 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowls
- All Clad Saucepan
- Handheld or Stand Mixer
- Cooling Rack
Chocolate and Vanilla Marbled Quick Bread
- 2 Mini Loaf Pans
- Mixing Bowls
- Small Saucepan
- Cooling Rack
- 2 oz Semisweet Chocolate
- 3 tablespoon Milk
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 5 tablespoon Butter, softened
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 3 tablespoon Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease two mini loaf pans.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a small bowl over a simmering pan of water and heat, whisking continuously, until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and sour cream until smooth. Pour the butter-sugar mixture over the dry ingredients and fold together just until evenly combined.
- Divide the batter in half. Add the melted chocolate to half and the vanilla to the other half.
- Pour the vanilla batter into the prepared pans. Pour the chocolate batter over the top. Gently swirl the batters together with a a knife to achieve a marbled effect.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the surface of the bread is firm and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a crumb or two.
- Cool the bread in the baking pan for 10 minutes before turning it out and allowing it to finish cooling.