With rich, tender banana bread (and chocolate for good measure), this easy banana bread bundt cake is a crowd pleaser. It's delicious and includes bananas. Therefore... healthy.
Okay, so I made you another bundt cake. The jig is up. I'm a bundt cake addict.
I may never make another type of cake again.
Well...that's a lie. I'll definitely make this cake again once or twice...or a hundred times.
But let's talk banana bread. It's actually the perfect sort of bread (errr...cake?) to bake in a bundt pan. A bundt pan provides tons of nooks and crannies and surface area for that sweet, slightly crunchy banana bread crust.
And friends, this particular recipe gets a gold star for sweet, crunchy crust.
And bonus points for chocolate glaze.
And beyond that outer crust is tender, moist banana bread with chocolate chips folded in. The batter is made with buttermilk which, if you've never made banana bread with buttermilk, I highly recommend you try it.
Like so many great pancake recipes, buttermilk in banana bread keeps the finished product moist and gives it the subtlest hint of tanginess.
So there you have it. Yet another bundt cake that is so absolutely worthy of taking up an hour of your oven time. And if you stop by some day soon, we might just have a slice of this cake or this one for breakfast. Yummy!
Because, like I said....healthy.
More Banana Bread Ideas
- Chocolate-Dipped Banana Bread Truffles
- Weeknight Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Crumb Cake
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Cinnamon Icing
- Banana Bread Cupcakes
Banana Bread Bundt Cake with Chocolate
- Bundt Pan
- Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowls
- Cooling Rack
- Small Microwave Safe Bowl
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter (1 ½ sticks)
- 1 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 ½ cups Mashed Bananas (3-4 medium bananas)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour, plus more for dusting the pan
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- Heat oven to 325 F / 163 C degrees. Spray a bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Dust lightly with all-purpose flour.
- In a standing mixer beat butter on medium-high until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sugar and beat until well incorporated, 1 minute more. Add mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla and blend on medium just until batter is smooth and even, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Turn mixer on low speed and alternate adding a bit of the dry ingredients with the buttermilk, letting the mixer run for a few seconds between each addition. Mix on low just until everything is evenly combined.
- Add first half of chocolate chips and mix on low until chips are mixed in.
- Pour batter into bundt cake pan. Bake until cake is set in the middle and golden brown on top, 65 to 70 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool in pan at room temperature for 20 minutes. Then invert onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- When cake is cool heat second half of chocolate chips in the microwave in 20 second increments (stirring between each increment) until fully melted. Drizzle chocolate over cake.
- Slice and serve!
- Cake can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days and will still be moist and delicious. (It keeps best without the glaze, but is fine either way)
Here's what happens when you live with two toddlers and a cake to photograph before noon. No fun toy on the deck is sufficient distraction from chocolate.
*This post contains affiliate links*
I am excited to try your banana bread bundt cake recipe. Can you squeeze more than 14 servings from it?
Absolutely. I'd say that I get 14 fairly generous portions from this, so as long as you're okay with slicing a bit more thin, you should be fine.
Thanks so much for sharing this deliciousness- I’ve made this cake several times now, and it is flawless. And healthy! 😉
So glad you liked it Jammer!! It's definitely one of our favorites!