This recipe for Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower requires almost no prep, and just a few simple steps. You’ll have a delicious, gluten-free, keto-friendly side dish that’s ready to serve in under 30 minutes.
Cauliflower is one the most versatile veggies in the kitchen. In recent years, it seems to have appeared in every form under the sun. We’ve mashed it, riced it, turned it into pizza crust, made low carb pasta and gnocchi with it, and, of course, made copycat Chinese takeout with it. But, guess what? Cauliflower is great on it’s own too. When it’s drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with garlic powder, and roasted with salty Parmesan cheese, humble cauliflower acquires a soft al dente crunch, and a golden, caramelized top.
The result? An easy side dish your whole family will love.
HOW TO ROAST CAULIFLOWER
Simple roast vegetables are weeknight dinner favorites because they’re big on flavor, high in nutrients, and easy to make. When you roast your cauliflower, be sure the cauliflower florets are of similar size, and are spread evenly across the sheet pan for uniform cooking and ultimate browning. Line your sheet pan with foil or parchment paper to make clean-up a breeze.
HOW TO SERVE PARMESAN ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
Roasted veggie dishes are great all year round, but they really shine in cooler autumn and winter months when you want to serve something hearty and nutritious. Serve Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower with your favorite weeknight meal, like roasted chicken or pan-fried fish. The warm, toasty flavors and caramelized cheese make the perfect pairing!
- Make it vegan - It’s easy to turn this recipe for Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower into Vegan Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower. Just substitute traditional Parmesan (made from cow’s milk) with vegan Parmesan “cheese” or nutritional yeast, and voila! A vegan Parmesan roasted cauliflower recipe at your fingertips!
- Have fun with your cheeses - If you don’t have Parmesan cheese in the fridge, try finishing the cauliflower with any type you’d like. Salty cheeses like Manchego are great, but classic cheddar is always delicious.
More Ways to Use Cauliflower
- Creamy Cauliflower Baked Ziti
- Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
- Cauliflower Piccata with Lemon Caper Sauce
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Butter Caper Sauce
- Fast and Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Mixing Bowl
- Half Sheet Pan
- 1 pound Cauliflower Florets
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F / 220°C.
- Toss cauliflower florets with olive oil, garlic powder, and salt. Spread out on a large sheet pan (be sure there is plenty of space between the florets so they will brown).
- Roast cauliflower, without turning, until nearly tender, 15 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and use a flat spatula to gently flip the cauliflower. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top.
- Return cauliflower to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and golden and cauliflower is tender, 5 to 10 minutes more (cook time will vary slightly depending on the size of the florets).
*This post contains affiliate links*