Looking for your next picnic or potluck dish? Look no further than a colorful Italian pasta salad. This Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad is hearty enough to serve on its own or makes a great side dish.
There are lots of versions of tortellini pasta salad floating around, but what I love about this version is the dressing. Many recipes use store-bought Italian Vinaigrette (which works great - so feel free to just grab some to save time!), but I love the fresh flavor of this simple vinaigrette that is made with red wine vinegar and pantry staples.
This dish is great as leftovers for lunch, especially if the weather is hot and you don’t want to heat anything up.
What You’ll Love About Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad
This fresh pasta salad has so much color and flavor. The Italian-inspired ingredients can be customized however you’d like, but it’s a great way to add a substantial side to a meal that doesn’t need to be warmed up and still feels hearty and satisfying.
This recipe is:
- Make-Ahead Friendly
- Packed with Flavor
Tips for Making Pasta Salad Ahead
Pasta soaks up liquid as it sits, so if you are making pasta salad ahead, add half the dressing when you make the dish and stir the second half in right before serving. The pasta salad will soak up the flavor as it sits, but waiting to add some of the dressing will ensure it isn’t dried out when you go to serve it.
More Summer-Friendly Pasta Recipes
- Elote Pasta Carbonara
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Pasta Salad Skewers
- Instant Pot Italian Pasta Salad
- Pasta Salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing
Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Mixing Bowls
- Whisk or Immersion Blender
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 5 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt (see note)
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 lb Tortellini, fresh or dried
- 8 oz Salami, cubed
- 1 ½ cup halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped Marinated Artichokes
- 5 oz Mozzarella Pearls (be sure to grab the “pearls” which are small enough that they don’t need to be chopped before adding them to the salad)
- ½ cup Pitted Olives (green olives or kalamata are great here)
- ¼ cup diced Red Onion (see note)
- ¼ cup Sliced Pepperoncini Peppers, drained and rinsed (look for mild or medium, depending on your spice preference)
- 3 tablespoon chopped Fresh Basil or Parsley (optional)
- Boil tortellini according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette (or blend them using an immersion blender.)
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine all ingredients for the pasta salad. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and toss to combine.
- Just before serving, fold in fresh herbs.
*This post contains affiliate links*
Leave a Reply