Cold brew coffee, sparkling water or tonic and a bit of citrus make these cold brew coffee spritzers the most refreshing caffeinated pick-me-up around.
When I started testing these fun drinks after Frank not-so-subtly sent me a bunch articles about them (here and here and here), I knew we were going to be hooked. I tell Frank that they taste like an iced coffee that wants to be a cocktail.
Tonic, in particular adds a bitter, bubbly element that elevates the flavor of the coffee. But as you're about to see, tonic isn't the only way to go.
When I asked about it on Instagram, you sweet folks chimed in with all sorts of variations. Here are a few favorites:
Coffee Spritzer / Tonic Variations
- Cold Brew Coffee + Espresso + Tonic + Simple Syrup
- Cold Brew Coffee + Sparkling Water + Coconut Milk + Lime
- Espresso + Sparkling Water + Cream + Hazelnut Syrup (thanks to @caitlinfultz for that stroke of genius!)
- Espresso + Tonic + a sprig of rosemary (that one is from Seattle's Neptune Coffee)
- Mexican Coke + Cold Brew Coffee + Lime (this one blew my mind! idea from @baristaparlor and sent to us from @imjared)
Cold Brew Coffee Spritzers made with tonic somehow taste a little boozy even without alcohol, but a splash of alcohol is an addition we wouldn't be mad at. It would effortlessly roll this late afternoon pick-me-up right into an early evening happy hour.
Here's how Frank and I currently craft our coffee spritzers:
His Cold Brew Coffee Spritzers
Frank loves bitter flavors, so the combination of tonic and cold brew coffee has his name all over it. He uses about ¾ cold brew coffee with ¼ tonic and a peel of orange zest for just a hint of citrus.
Her Cold Brew Coffee Spritzers
I like mine a bit more mild, but love the citrus flavor. I've been using ½ Trader Joe's mandarin orange spring water with ½ cold brew coffee plus a splash of vanilla extract and a peel of orange zest. Occasionally, I'll add a splash of heavy cream too.
More Fun Beverages
- Thai Iced Tea
- Red Zinger Iced Tea
- Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- Watermelon Lime Cooler
- Salted Caramel Apple Cider
- Passionfruit Spritzer
- Watermelon Mint Lemonade
- Vegetable Peeler
Cold Brew Coffee Spritzer
- Vegetable Peeler
- 1 peel Orange Zest
- ½ cup Tonic or Sparkling Water
- ½ cup Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate (we like Trader Joe's)
Extra Flavors (optional):
- Vanilla Extract (just a splash)
- Heavy Cream or Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Flavored Syrup
- Place a ribbon of orange zest in the bottom of a glass (use a vegetable peeler to get a nice, long peel).
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Add tonic / sparkling water and then cold brew coffee concentrate. Add extras if you'd like. Stir to combine before drinking.
Molly and Clara are bike riding fiends these days. It takes 10 minutes to get to the end of the block, but it's still bike riding!
*This post contains affiliate links*
Citrus and coffee? That's a first for me! Sounds and looks absolutely divine!
It's 1 part weird and 4 parts delicious, Kasim! Surprised us too!
I think your post are very good. It is very useful. Thank for sharing!