These Chili Lime Glazed Beef Skewers balance a savory spice rub with a rich, sweet glaze. No stove or oven needed, this is an entirely outdoor-friendly recipe that highlights summer produce with lime-infused Charred Corn Salsa.
Summer is so full and ripe right now I can practically taste it. It helps that we are spending every evening in the backyard, fingers smelling of tomato leaves and fresh-picked herbs, the smoky warmth of the grill clinging to our clothes.
After so many years living overseas and last summer in a fun flurry of travel, I’d nearly forgotten the lovely sensory overload of summer nights at home. We’ve been enjoying these past weeks with family and friends, cooking dinners made entirely of summer produce and requiring little more heat than the smoke of the grill.
And when we cook dinners like these, with every element getting a smoky kiss of flame, I’m certain this is how summer is meant to taste.
The naturally sweet sugars of corn rise to the surface when they get that outer char.
And a finish of a sweet, citrus glaze made with only five ingredients.
Even before we had unpacked all the boxes in our new home (and there were many), we scrambled to outfit the oversized deck with comfortable chairs, flowering plants and fresh herbs.
And now we’ll take any excuse to pile the table high and pour just one more glass of wine before the sun dips behind the trees and lightning bugs fill the air.
We’ve got big plans for the grill in the coming months. Not the least of which are a few more rounds of Chili Lime Glazed Beef Skewers and Honest Cooking’s Grilled Chilean Chicken with Chile Verde Sauce. (Check out the video below!)
More Summer Recipes
- Yogurt-Marinated Grilled Chicken
- Sweet and Spicy Grilled Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa
- Grilled Summer Vegetable and Pesto Pizza
- Summer Berry Cobbler
- Watermelon, Feta and Arugula Salad
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Bacon, Corn and Avocado Salad
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Slow-Cooker Brown Sugar Baked Beans
Chili-Lime Glazed Beef Skewers with Charred Corn Salsa
- Mixing Bowls
- Gas or Charcoal Grill
- Basting Brush
- 12 Skewers, wooden or metal
- 1 Tbsp Badia Complete Seasoning
- 1 1/2 lbs Beef sirloin, cubed (see note)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp Lime Zest (from 2-3 small limes)
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Ancho Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Charred Corn Salsa:
- 4 ears Fresh Corn, husked
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Jalapeño, finely diced
- 4 sprigs Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before using (this will help to prevent burning).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Badia Complete Seasoning and cubed beef. Thread beef onto skewers. (At this point you can refrigerate the skewers, covered, for up to a day.)
- Make glaze by whisking honey with lime zest, soy sauce, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- When ready to cook, preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Rub corn with some olive oil and grill, turning frequently, until it begins to char and is heated through, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. When cool enough to handle, slice kernels from cobs and transfer to a mixing bowl. Combine corn with bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Grill skewers, turning to develop grill marks on all sides. Brush generously with chili-lime glaze and continue grilling until beef is cooked to your liking, about 3 minutes for medium-rare and 6 minutes for medium-well.
- Serve skewers over corn salsa. Enjoy!
*This post contains affiliate links*