Caprese White Bean Salad takes classic caprese salad with mozzarella, tomatoes and basil and makes a light, healthy meal with the addition of white beans.
What’s your restaurant menu kryptonite? If an Italian restaurant has gnocchi, I won’t even consider anything else. Frank and I can’t go out for tapas without ordering patatas bravas (fried potatoes with spicy tomato sauce). And then there’s a good Caprese salad with great tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil. This time of year, when tomatoes are sweet, I can’t pass it up.
This version of a Caprese salad started out pretty classic, but white beans (I used cannellini) transformed it into something that held up all on its own. The white beans add a creamy, hearty element that was so simple, but really irresistible. We brought this as a side dish to a barbecue over the weekend, but leftovers made great lunches. Served over lettuce with Sweet Basil Vinaigrette, it’s late summer in a bowl.
It’s also a constant temptation from inside my refrigerator. I can’t open the door without grabbing a bite or two…
More Salad Recipes
- Thai Beef Salad (Nam Tok)
- Spring Cobb Salad with Creamy Herb Yogurt Dressing
- Apple, Brie and Pecan Salad
- Watermelon, Feta and Arugula Salad
- Bacon, Corn and Avocado Salad
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Slow Cooker Carnitas Taco Salad
- Sesame Ginger Kale Salad
- Sesame Noodle Salad
Caprese White Bean Salad
- Large Bowl
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella Pearls (or use fresh mozzarella, chopped)
- 1 15 oz can Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 20 leaves Fresh Basil, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Toss the tomatoes, mozzarella and beans in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to serve (I like to refrigerate this for a couple hours if possible since the salt will cause the tomatoes to release some juice and flavor the whole dish). Just before serving, sprinkle the basil over the top and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
We may have discovered Clara and Molly’s restaurant kryptonite last night at my grandma’s house. Here’s Clara hiding all evidence of a giant slice of Boston Cream Pie.
*This post contains affiliate links*