Crunchy and bright, this Asian Salad is packed with colorful vegetables and dressed with an addictive sweet sesame vinaigrette. Edamame gives this salad enough protein to make it a hearty vegetarian lunch or side salad for your next Asian-inspired meal.
While I love a super fresh chopped salad in the heat of summer, a salad like this is at home any time of year. With tons of crunch from wontons and a dressing you’ll want to serve on everything, this chopped salad feels like something special without a ton of work.
What You’ll Love About Asian Chopped Salad
One word – texture. This chopped salad has so much texture. Between coleslaw mix, crispy wontons, and peanuts, every bite has tons of crunch. This is a great salad to serve to a crowd and everything can be prepared ahead of time – just wait to add the wontons, peanuts, and dressing until right before serving.
This salad is:
- Gluten-Free-Friendly (see tips below)
This recipe uses several shortcuts to minimize the amount of chopping / prep needed:
- Coleslaw Mix – buy bagged coleslaw mix to give the salad crunch
- Baby Spinach – buy pre-washed bagged baby spinach (I like to roughly chop it first, but you can skip that step to save time)
- Shelled Edamame – be sure to grab the kind that has been removed from the shells so you don’t need to do that yourself.
- Shredded Carrots – look for pre-shredded carrots in the produce section
- Roasted Peanuts – buy pre-roasted peanuts to add crunch and flavor
If you want to save even more time, look for a store-bought sweet sesame dressing to dress the salad.
- Make it a Meal – Add your favorite protein to make this a meal. Salmon, chicken, or tofu (like this one) are great here.
- Make it Gluten-Free – Use Tamari instead of soy sauce and skip the crispy wontons (you’ll still get great crunch from the peanuts).
More Fresh Green Salads
- Fresh Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad with Chili Lime Vinaigrette
- Balsamic Chicken Salad with Fresh Berries and Feta
- Apple, Brie and Pecan Salad
- Bacon, Corn and Avocado Salad
- Watermelon, Feta and Arugula Salad
Asian Chopped Salad with Sweet Sesame Dressing
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Salad Bowl
Sweet Sesame Vinaigrette:
Crunchy Asian Salad:
- 3 cups Coleslaw Mix
- 5 cups chopped Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Shelled Edamame (look for these in the freezer section, defrost before using)
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots (look for pre-grated carrots or shred them using a box grater)
- 2 stalks Green Onions / Scallions, chopped
- 1 3.5 oz bag Crispy Wontons (look for these in the salad section near croutons)
- 1/2 cup Roasted Peanuts
- White or Black Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together all ingredients for the salad.
- Toss salad in vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if using.
*This post contains affiliate links*