5 Reasons I Haven’t Been Blogging
Published Sep 03, 2013•Updated Apr 09, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Frank, catching a sunset on Instagram.
1. Instagram. So I’m way late to the party on this, but I’ve completely fallen for Instagram, and it has been fun to see our goings on documented elsewhere. I have a love-hate relationship with social media (ironic, considering how much I love blogging), but I finally caved to Instagram’s call thanks to one key motivator – Frank. Frank is running the Inquiring Chef Instagram page and he’s already captured so many fun moments that I can’t believe we weren’t doing this long ago! Stop by our Instagram page to say hi!
Tea at Erawan Tea Room.
2. Good friends/Good times. There’s just been too much fun to be had around Bangkok lately. Two good friends left a few weeks ago and another two are leaving Bangkok for Japan in December, so we’ve been trying to pack in as many fun things as we can. Sweet Natalie has a Bangkok “to-do” list full of fun things to do before they depart, and I’m quite happy to be along for the ride. Next up – a monster shopping trip to Chatachuk and I’m lobbying for another dinner at Issaya. Recently we met up for tea at the Erawan Tea Room. Tea and snacks galore – yum!
Labor Day weekend at Anantara Si Kao.
3. Beaching. We spent Labor Day weekend with the aforementioned friends who are departing Bangkok so soon and another couple. No weekend time for blogging but plenty of time for lounging in the pool, drinking fruity cocktails, and watching spectacular sunsets. This was a repeat visit for Frank and I to Anantara Si Kao – here’s my first post on the resort.
Image from BonAppétit.com
4. Recipes Old and New (just not yet documented). I have been experimenting a ton with new recipes that I’ve found on other sites and making a few of my old favorites. We’ve been eating well ourselves but not “feeding” the blog. Tonight Frank made that incredible Pasta with Chorizo and Chickpeas in the photo above.
5. Work, work, work. Not exactly as exciting as shopping trips and beachside champagne, but it’s the truth. Work has been crazy over the past few weeks, and I leave on Thursday for a trip up to Northern Thailand. Having a regular 9-5 job means blogging happens on evenings and weekends, but as long as my work days have been, I’ve been more inclined lately to save my evenings and weekends for simple dinners, this book, the odd episode of Duck Dynasty, and hanging out with Frank.
I’ll be back at it soon – I’ve got loads of recipes that I’ve been testing and tweaking. I’m ready for fake fall, so there will surely be pumpkin and decorative gourds thrown in there for good measure. Hope you had a great Labor Day weekend!