Whole wheat blueberry pancakes are light, fluffy and made in just one bowl. Packed with fresh or frozen blueberries, it’s a healthy, delicious breakfast you can feel good about.
Well good morning friends. Pull up a chair and join us for some blueberry pancakes. We’ve got plenty.
Pancakes were 100% not on the agenda today. But we’re always in the mood for pancakes around here!
I somehow caught wind of the fact that January 28 is National Blueberry Pancake Day. I have no idea who comes up with these days, but blueberry pancakes were all I could think about all morning.
And then I promised Clara and Molly a “treat” and suddenly we were all thinking about pancakes.
These pancakes are a favorite around here. They first appeared on the blog years ago, but needed a bit of a refresh.
Made in one bowl entirely with whole wheat flour, they are healthy, hearty and still have that light and fluffy texture that any great pancake should have.
And packing them full of blueberries is always a good idea.
Happy National Blueberry Pancake Day! Enjoy!
More Pancake and Waffle Recipes
- Light and Fluffy Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Loaded Potato Pancakes
- Overnight Yeasted Whole Wheat Waffles
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Savory Waffles with Sausage and Cheddar
- Light and Fluffy Whole Wheat Waffles
- Double Chocolate Whole Wheat Pancakes
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Griddle or Skillet
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 2 cups Buttermilk (475 mL) (see note)
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (or use white whole wheat flour)
- 2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Beat eggs and brown sugar in a mixing bowl with a wire whisk. Beat in canola oil and buttermilk until evenly combined. Add dry ingredients all at once and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Ladle batter onto a hot, oiled griddle or skillet until bubbles form on the surface. Scatter blueberries over the top. Flip and cook until both sides are golden brown. Serve immediately, with butter and syrup.
*This post contains affiliate links*
And in other news, not related to pancakes, Molly thinks you’ll be really impressed with the organizing she completed while I was doing the dishes.