Summer Salad with Peaches, Corn, and Crispy Prosciutto
Published Jun 13, 2022•Updated Jun 27, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Get the most out of fresh summer produce with this Summer Salad with Peaches, Corn, and Crispy Prosciutto recipe. Top it with homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
Summer is here, the farmer’s market is full, and this salad makes use of all that bounty. Add some crispy, salty slices of prosciutto and creamy mozzarella cheese and this is guaranteed to be the star of your summer table.
I’ve been adding crispy prosciutto to salads, sandwiches, and pastas ever since I saw Tieghan using this technique on Instagram and on her blog. It’s a great way to add savory flavor and texture to dishes and works so well in this salad, giving it a bit of the same savory-sweet flavor of the Italian prosciutto and melon combination. It’s delicious and pretty easy to put together. Here’s how!
How to Make Summer Salad
- Prepare corn – Fresh corn kernels in summer are delicious, so you can use it raw in the salad. But I like to char the corn lightly to give it some added smoky flavor.
- Bake prosciutto – Bake prosciutto at 350°F for 6 to 8 minutes until crisp.
- Make vinaigrette – Whisk up vinaigrette to use on the salad.
- Assemble salad – Assemble salad with a bed of salad greens topped with corn, prosciutto, peaches, cucumbers, and mozzarella. Drizzle vinaigrette over top just before serving.
Ingredients for this summer salad recipe
- Corn – Use raw corn or char it using one of the methods described below.
- Prosciutto – Bake thinly sliced prosciutto until it is crisp and golden.
- Mixed Greens – Any salad greens work well here.
- Peaches – Use fresh peaches to add some sweetness. Fresh plums work well too.
- Cucumbers – Add chopped cucumbers for crunch and fresh flavor. Snap peas or snow peas work well as a substitute.
- Mozzarella Pearls – Look for these small balls of fresh mozzarella that can be scattered right over the top of the salad. If you want a substitute, try feta, goat cheese, or blue cheese.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette – Use a homemade balsamic vinaigrette or see below for more summer salad dressing ideas.
How to Char Corn
Fresh summer corn is delicious served raw in salads, but you can give it more flavor by charring it on the outside. Do this by searing it in a hot skillet brushed with some oil, over the grill, or on a sheet pan under the oven’s broiler. Turn it as it cooks so that it is charred on all sides. Let the corn cool before slicing the kernels off the cobs.
- Make it vegetarian – Skip the prosciutto and add another crunchy element in its place. I like croutons, crispy tortilla strips, or candied almonds.
- Change the cheese – Skip the mozzarella and use crumbled feta or goat cheese.
- Change the vinaigrette – Use your favorite store-bought or homemade vinaigrette or dressing. This summer salad recipe is also great with Sweet Basil Vinaigrette or Honey Mustard Vinaigrette.
More Colorful Salads
- Thai Green Papaya Salad (Som Tam)
- Asian Chopped Salad Recipe
- Fresh Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad with Chili Lime Vinaigrette
- Balsamic Chicken Salad with Fresh Berries and Feta
- Bacon, Corn and Avocado Salad
- Nectarine, Arugula and Crispy Pancetta Summer Salad
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
Summer Salad with Peaches, Corn, and Crispy Prosciutto Recipe
- Half Sheet Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 ears Corn, husks removed (see note)
- 3 ounces Thinly Sliced Prosciutto
- 10 ounces Mixed Greens
- 2 Peaches, sliced
- 6 ounces Cucumbers, chopped
- 6 ounces Mozzarella Pearls, drained (be sure to look for “pearls” which are very small; or buy regular mozzarella and slice into small cubes)
- 1 batch Balsamic Vinaigrette (with 1/2 teaspoon dried basil added)
- Slice kernels off the corn cobs.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Spread prosciutto out on the sheet pan in a single layer (the prosciutto doesn’t need to be totally flat, some ripples and waves will give the prosciutto more texture).
- Bake until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let prosciutto cool on pan.
- Assemble salad with a bed of greens topped with corn, prosciutto, peaches, cucumbers, and mozzarella. Drizzle with vinaigrette until dressed to your liking.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.