Chickpeas with Tomato, Basil, and Halloumi
Published Sep 05, 2011•Updated Nov 08, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
Sauteed Chickpeas with Tomato, Basil, and Halloumi
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 4 oz (about 120 grams) Halloumi, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 16- oz bag of chickpeas cooked and drained (about 6 cups)
- juice from 1/4 of a lemon (about 2 tsp. of juice)
- 1 handful of basil leaves, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and halloumi and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are tender and halloumi turns golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes, pressing gently to release their juice. Cook until tomatoes start to sizzle and caramelize, about 5 minutes more. Add chickpeas and cook until heated through. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.