This Greek pasta salad is satisfying in all the best ways. Tomatoes and basil add fresh flavor and color. The salty olives and feta cheese are balanced with my Sweet Basil Vinaigrette.
How is it already Memorial Day weekend? By late May here we need very little excuse to have a barbecue, hang out by the pool, and sip cold drinks. We’re also several weeks in to seeking out meals that can be served chilled or at room temperature.
We’ve got lots of relaxing and hanging out to do this weekend, but we’ll also likely be eating what may be my favorite summer dish – the Greek pasta salad. I've got big plans for pasta salads this summer. I want to load them up with fresh things, good cheese, bright herbs, and in the case of this particular version, a Sweet Basil Vinaigrette that brings it all together.
I was so sad to see this Greek pasta salad go last week that I’m planning to make more tomorrow. The salty feta and kalamata olives are a great balance to the sweetness of the dressing. I couldn’t get enough. Oh, and those pasta shapes are orecchiette. I highly recommend orecchiette for your next pasta salad. They form such perfect little bowls for all of that delicious pasta salad dressing. It's delicious.
Pull up a bowl of this Greek pasta salad and enjoy the weekend! I know we will. 🙂
More Salad Recipes
- Apple, Brie and Pecan Salad
- Sesame Noodle Salad
- Watermelon, Feta and Arugula Salad
- Bacon, Corn and Avocado Salad
- Instant Pot Italian Pasta Salad
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Pasta Salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing
- Green Papaya Salad (Som Tam)
- Slow Cooker Carnitas Taco Salad
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Thai Chopped Chicken Salad with Peanut Vinaigrette
- 6-inch Global Knife
- Cutting Board
- Cuisinart Stockpot with Strainer
- Anchor 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowls
Greek Pasta Salad with Feta, Tomato, Kalamata Olives and Sweet Basil Vinaigrette
- Stockpot or Large Saucepan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 lb Orecchiette Pasta (or other pasta of choice)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 ½ cups Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata Olives, sliced
- 10 leaves fresh Italian Sweet Basil, roughly chopped
- 1 recipe Sweet Basil Vinaigrette
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. When cooked, drain and run under cool water. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the olive oil. Toss well to coat the pasta in oil.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except for Sweet Basil Vinaigrette. Toss gently to combine.
- Add half of the Sweet Basil Vinaigrette and toss to evenly coat the pasta in dressing. Refrigerate the pasta and the remaining vinaigrette for at least an hour and up to a day. Just before serving, add the remaining half of the vinaigrette and toss gently. Serve.
*This post contains affiliate links*
Thank you, Jess for the lovely salad. I just need the dressing now. Thanks you and have a great day!
Love the feta in this too! Sounds delicious : ) Have a great holiday weekend Jess!
Cassie | Bake Your Day
This is totally my kind of pasta salad. Great flavors, Jess!
Claire @ Claire K Creations
Can't wait to see more of your pasta salad creations Jess. You know I'm not a salad eater but if it's based on carbs... please hand me a fork!
Karen (Back Road Journal)
What a lovely pasta salad. I'll be planting tomatoes in a week or so and later this summer they will be delicious in this salad.
This looks AMAZING, Jess. I'll be making this today! Keep the salad recipes coming. I hate using the stove, too, when it's hot out.
Anne ~ Uni Homemaker
This is such a pretty pasta salad. Perfect to bring to a BBQ I'm attending this weekend. 🙂 Hope you're having a lovely weekend Jess.
Yummy!!!! Just made it and can't wait to eat it later....... thinking about adding fresh garlic to the dressing as well!
Kathleen - fresh garlic would be a great addition - I'll definitely have to try that next time I make it!
Thanks Jess..... It was delicious!!! Definitely a keeper. I am making more for an outing on Thursday!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat
This pasta salads sounds delicious and flavorful! I love the addition of kalamata olives...they're a favorite of mine!
Hi! Making this pasta salad today and my orecchiettes stuck together while cooking! I stirred continuously and still had a big issue. I have to go get a new pasta and will scrap the orecchiette but I thought it was worth mentioning for others who are trying this recipe.
Amy - what a disappointment! I do have to stir my orecchiette right when I drop them in the boiling water to keep them from sticking, but I've never had as much trouble as this. Hope you were able to save it with another type of pasta. Thanks for writing in with the word of caution for others.
I do not like pasta salad. Never have. With that said, I am a person who always tries everything. I was at cookout and had this Greek tomato and basil pasta salad that was absolutely delicious. Loved it. Now I gotta have more. This looks very much like the salad I had. I'll be making this soon. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
I made this pasta salad a couple of years ago for the 4th of July and last year for a big women's luncheon. Everyone absolutely loved it and ask for the recipe. One of the main reasons I grow basil is for the wonderful dressing that I have used on chicken and fish and other greens. In my book tbis dish is a winner!
Delicious...loved the sweet basil vinaigrette.
So happy to hear that you enjoyed it!