Savory, indulgent and topped with oven-baked strawberry glazed bacon, this is no ordinary breakfast sandwich.
As a mom who never turns down brie, bacon or runny-yolk eggs, this is exactly what I’d like to see on my Mother’s Day breakfast menu. I’d also like to wake up to something other than my kiddos singing the soundtrack to Trolls at top volume at 6:30am. But that can’t be helped.
The breakfast situation though….
The strawberry glaze on those bacon slices make them a great match for peppery arugula and creamy brie. Those flavors are often paired in a spring salad. But let’s be real. No salad can hold a candle to a sandwich topped with a runny-yolk fried egg.
Strawberry Glazed Bacon
The real star of this breakfast sandwich, though, is the bacon. (Isn’t bacon always the star?)
This is no ordinary bacon. It’s baked in the oven which has oh-so-many advantages to frying it in a pan. For starters, oven baking means you can make a bunch at one time. But the real reason to make bacon in the oven? So much less mess. No splatter-y stove top to scrub.
Plus bacon in the oven can be coated in sweet and peppery strawberry glaze.
Just strawberry preserves, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and a bit of black pepper. Brushed on the bacon a few minutes before it finishes cooking, it turns into a thick glaze.
You’re going to want extra.
Bacon, Egg, Brie and Arugula Breakfast Sandwich
With that bacon cooking in the oven, the rest of these sandwiches are super simple.
Brie melted on sandwich rolls. Fresh, peppery arugula. And a fried egg.
The sponsor of today’s post, Bonne Maman, provided the strawberry preserves that produced out-of-this-world glazed bacon. We love Bonne Maman’s products made from only good stuff – simple, wholesome ingredients that can be found in any home kitchen. Nothing funny like high fructose corn syrup, artificial coloring or preservatives.
Bonne Maman is giving away a gorgeous 12-piece set of Le Creuset cookware plus many other goodies (over 1,000 prizes!) on their website. Click here to enter! Who doesn’t love beautiful cookware?!
And thank you for reading and supporting our sponsors. Without them, we couldn’t keep this site on the web.
Egg, Brie and Arugula Breakfast Sandwich with Strawberry Glazed Bacon
Strawberry Glazed Bacon:
- 8 slices Bacon
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Strawberry Preserves
Egg, Brie and Arugula Breakfast Sandwich:
- 2 Sandwich Rolls
- 2 oz Brie
- 2 oz Arugula
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil (I like grape seed oil)
- 2 Eggs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make glaze by whisking together black pepper, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and preserves.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Top with an oven-safe cooling rack and spread bacon out on rack. Transfer bacon to oven and bake until nearly crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- When bacon is nearly finished, remove from oven and brush with glaze. Return to oven and continue baking until crisp and caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- While bacon finishes, slice sandwich rolls in half. Place rolls, cut-side up on a second sheet pan. Spread one side of each roll with brie and toast in the oven until brie is melted and roll is golden brown.
- Toss arugula with olive oil and season with some salt and black pepper.
- Heat cooking oil in a skillet. Crack eggs into heated oil and fry until cooked to your liking (I like them sunny-side up).
- Assemble sandwiches by topping the melted brie side of the sandwich roll with bacon, arugula and a fried egg.
Today’s post is sponsored Bonne Maman, makers of all natural preserves, jellies and spreads and created in partnership with our good friends at Honest Cooking. As always, all thoughts and opinions are completely my own.