These slow-cooker brown sugar baked beans are seriously easy. Pour a bunch of delicious ingredients in the slow-cooker and hours later, your house will smell crazy good and you’ll have enough of these beans to serve a crowd. Brown sugar makes them sweet and the secret ingredient that gives them amazing savory flavor? Short ribs.
With the three day weekend ahead, hopefully you’ve got a whole lot of relaxing planned. Maybe a few house projects (just me?). Maybe a potluck or two. I can’t help with the projects, but need a quick, easy, seriously delicious dish to take to a BBQ this weekend?
That I can help with.
And this recipe is the definition of easy. All you need is a few ingredients and a few hours. Dump everything in the slow-cooker and get on with your life.
And when it’s done cooking….look out. They won’t last long.
I could eat these baked beans for breakfast.
Slow-Cooker Brown Sugar Baked Beans
- 1 lb Dried White Beans (look for Navy or Great Northern)*
- 1 lb Bone-In Short Ribs
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Ketchup
- 4 cups No-Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp Molasses
- 2 tsp Salt
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a slow-cooker. Stir to combine.
- Set slow-cooker to low and cook until beans are tender, 8 to 12 hours. (See note.) Halfway through cooking, open the slow-cooker and give the ingredients a good stir.
- When beans are finished cooking, remove the short rib bones and stir to break up any large pieces of meat.
- Beans can be refrigerated for up to 4 days - just reheat and serve!
Hope you have a fun long weekend ahead friends! We’re planning on lots of ice cream and a few dips in the pool…