Baked Cheesy Chicken Wontons
Published Sep 13, 2017•Updated Apr 04, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This time of year, I feel like we’ve got one foot in the swimming pool and the other in the pumpkin patch. But my food-focussed brain is on a single track straight towards fall. I want a pot of chili on the stove, football on the TV and blankets to curl up with on the couch.
Oh and snacks. Lots and lots of snacks.
Enter Baked Cheesy Chicken Wontons which we *may* have tested a few times more than necessary just for the excuse to eat them.
The filling for these wontons is simple. Cream cheese, shredded cheese and a bit of mayonnaise give it a super creamy texture. Chicken, chopped green onions and salsa add flavor.
Baked Cheesy Chicken Wontons check all the boxes for me when it comes to a great snack food. They are:
- Finger Foods
- Baked (make a large batch at once)
- Perfect for Dipping
These can even be assembled up to 3 hours ahead and stored in the fridge. Just slide them in the oven when you’re ready to serve!
More Fun Appetizers
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Brie and Balsamic Honey
- Crispy Baked Breadsticks
- Pasta Salad Skewers
- Baked Crab Rangoon
- Butternut Squash Crostini with Red Wine Caramelized Onions
- Puff Pastry Bites with Caramelized Onions and Gouda
- Roasted Red Pepper and Ricotta Bruschetta
- Cheese Pinwheels with Crispy Prosciutto
- Crispy Baked Spring Rolls
- Caprese Skewers
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
Baked Cheesy Chicken Wontons
- Half Sheet Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 Green Onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded Cooked Chicken (we used rotisserie chicken)
- ½ cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- ¼ cup Salsa Verde / Green Salsa
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 package square Wonton Wrappers (~35 wrappers)
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- While the oven is heating, combine cream cheese, green onions, chicken, cheese, Pace® Salsa Verde and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl. Stir until the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Fill a small bowl with tap water.
- Start assembling wontons by setting out 6 wonton wrappers at a time (place a damp paper towel over any wrappers you are not working with to prevent them from drying out). Fill each wonton wrapper with a heaping teaspoon of filling. Dip your fingers in water and run them along the edges of the wrapper. Bring the corners of the wrapper together and press along the seams to seal the filling inside. (Note: Don’t worry if these aren’t perfect - they’ll still taste great!)
- Set assembled wontons on the prepared sheet pan, leaving a small amount of space between them. Continue until all of the wontons are filled.
- Spray the tops of the wontons with nonstick cooking spray (this will help them to crisp and turn golden).
- Bake until wontons are golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Serve with extra salsa of choice for dipping. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.