There’s always room at the dinner table for a roasted vegetable side dish, but sometimes you want one that feels a little extra special. Roasted Cauliflower with Warm Shallot Vinaigrette is here for it. Toss tender roasted cauliflower in a tart and tangy warm vinaigrette for a side dish you won’t be able to stop eating.
You know I love a good roasted cauliflower, but this twist that I came up with on a whim has become my absolute favorite. The cauliflower florets get nutty and tender in the oven, but it’s the vinaigrette that really makes these shine. Even the vinaigrette is warmed in the microwave so that the shallots get a bit tender and sweet and the whole dish stays nice and warm until it reaches the dinner table.
This one is so easy! Here’s what you need.
- Cauliflower – Buy a whole head and chop it into florets or just grab pre-chopped florets and save yourself some time and mess.
- Olive Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar – These are the base of the vinaigrette. While any cooking oil will work, the naturally nutty flavor of olive oil goes so well with cauliflower.
- Shallots – Shallots are naturally more sweet than garlic or onions and they add a great tart flavor to the vinaigrette. One clove should give you about what you need. Dice it small so you get a bit in every bite of cauliflower.
- Dijon Mustard and Honey – Tangy bite + natural sweetness.
- Garlic Powder and Kosher Salt – Seasoning for the vinaigrette.
- Chopped Parsley – Totally optional, but a bit of color at the end is always nice.
How Long to Roast Cauliflower
For tender cauliflower, roast florets at 425°F / 220°C for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping the florets with a spatula halfway through cooking. Keep in mind that the size of the florets will affect the cooking time. Larger florets with more of the sturdy stem intact will take longer to turn tender. Don’t forget to season with some salt before cooking!
More Vegetable Side Dishes
- Glazed Honey Mustard Carrots
- Pan-Seared Zucchini with Garlic and Basil
- Spicy Szechuan-Style Green Beans
- Roasted Delicata Squash with Sage and Dried Cranberries
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Cutting Board
- 6-inch Global Knife
- Half Sheet Pan
- OXO Flexible Spatula
- Anchor 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowls
Roasted Cauliflower with Warm Shallot Vinaigrette
- Half Sheet Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 pound Cauliflower Florets
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- ½ teaspooon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Shallots, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped Parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F / 220°C.
- Toss cauliflower florets with 2 Tablespoons olive oil, salt, and garlic powder. Spread out on a large sheet pan (be sure there is plenty of space between the florets so they will brown).
- Roast cauliflower, without turning, until nearly tender, 15 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and use a flat spatula to gently flip the cauliflower.
- Return cauliflower to oven and bake until very tender and golden 10 to 15 minutes more (cook time will vary slightly depending on the size of the florets).
- When cauliflower is nearly finished, combine shallots, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Warm in the microwave until bubbling, about 1 minute.
- Whisk parsley into vinaigrette.
- When cauliflower is done roasting, gently toss with warm vinaigrette. Serve immediately.