We’ve packed a whole bunch of savory, sweet and tart flavors in this quick side dish that has the power to convert even non-brussels-sprouts-lovers.
I was super excited to partner with Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries for this post because dried cranberries are a staple at our house. They are one of the items that Molly and Clara demand “so many” of at breakfast.
And because I love dried cranberries and brussels sprouts with equal fall-addict-passion, I decided that they deserve only the best.
And by the best…I mean bacon.
This is truly a one-pan dish. Just cook up all that bacon in a skillet and then sear the brussels sprouts in the rendered bacon fat.
Stir in some pecans and balsamic vinegar and slide in the oven until the sprouts are tender.
Sweet and delightfully tart dried cranberries get stirred in right at the end.
We can eat these straight out of the pan, but if you’re feeling fancy, they make a simple, elegant side dish for a crowd.
If you’d like to grab a bag of those addictive Craisins® Dried Cranberries for your next fall get-together, click here to find more great ideas, recipes and a store near you.
Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Dried Cranberries and Pecans
- 6 strips Bacon, chopped
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, halved (or quartered if they are too large to eat in one bite)
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock (sub water)
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup Pecan Halves
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add chopped bacon. Cook until bacon is crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel lined plate and pour off all but about 2 Tbsp of grease from the skillet. Return skillet to heat.
- Add brussels sprouts to skillet with a pinch of salt. Saute until brussels sprouts are golden brown on the outside (but not cooked all the way through), 4 to 5 minutes. Pour stock and vinegar over sprouts and stir in pecan halves.
- Cover skillet loosely with foil and transfer to oven. Bake until brussels sprouts are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cranberries and lemon zest. Taste and season with some more salt and pepper, if needed. Top with bacon.
Our lovely sponsor has asked me to note that Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries may not be available at all Sam’s Club locations, but they are still available at a number of retailers! I picked up a couple bags at Target in the dried fruit section.
(And may have cracked one open before I reached the checkout line.)