Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad
Looking for your next picnic or potluck dish? Look no further than a colorful Italian Pasta Salad. Made with tortellini, this pasta salad is hearty enough to serve on its own or makes a great side dish.To adjust the servings in this recipe, click on the number next to servings.
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 5 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt (see note)
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 lb Tortellini, fresh or dried
- 8 oz Salami, cubed
- 1 ½ cup halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped Marinated Artichokes
- 5 oz Mozzarella Pearls (be sure to grab the “pearls” which are small enough that they don’t need to be chopped before adding them to the salad)
- ½ cup Pitted Olives (green olives or kalamata are great here)
- ¼ cup diced Red Onion (see note)
- ¼ cup Sliced Pepperoncini Peppers, drained and rinsed (look for mild or medium, depending on your spice preference)
- 3 tablespoon chopped Fresh Basil or Parsley (optional)
Boil tortellini according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
Whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette (or blend them using an immersion blender.)
In a large mixing bowl, gently combine all ingredients for the pasta salad. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and toss to combine.
Just before serving, fold in fresh herbs.
Make ahead - If making the salad ahead, toss the salad with half the vinaigrette and then refrigerate up to 8 hours. Toss with the remaining vinaigrette right before serving.
Kosher Salt - I test my recipes with Morton’s Kosher Salt. If using table salt, reduce by about half. If using Diamond Kosher Salt, increase by about 25%. Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to the amount of salt they like, so be sure to taste and adjust as you go.
Onion - To cut down on the onion “bite”, whisk the onion directly into the dressing. The onion flavor will mellow the longer it sits.
Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 1021mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 382IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 2mg