Thai Shrimp Salad
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 3 -4 as a side dish
- 3/4 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. sweet thai chili paste
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white parts only
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
Sauté the shrimp in vegetable oil over medium heat just until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Drain any liquid off the shrimp and pour the shrimp into in a mixing bowl. Toss with chili paste and lime juice until evenly combined.
Remove the stem from the center of the kaffir lime leaves. Cut the kaffir lime leaves and lemongrass stalks into very thin slivers. Add kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, shallots and mint leaves to the shrimp and toss until combined. Serve immediately or chill for several hours before serving.