Fresh Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad with Chili Lime Vinaigrette
Celebrate all of the fresh flavors of summer including fresh corn, tomato, and avocado with this colorful Tex Mex-inspired salad. Tangy chili-lime vinaigrette brings it all together. To adjust the servings in this recipe, click on the number next to servings.
Fresh Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 ears Fresh Corn, kernels sliced off the cobs
- 8 oz Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Avocados, sliced or chopped
- Baby Arugula or Baby Spinach, for serving (optional)
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Red or White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp finely minced Fresh Herbs (like cilantro, basil, or chives)
- 1 Tbsp finely minced Onion (any type of onion will work)
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder (not cayenne)
Heat a skillet with 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium-high heat. When the oil begins to shimmer, add corn and let it cook without stirring until lightly charred and golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Season with some salt. Stir gently for 2 to 3 more minutes until corn is tender.
Transfer corn to a serving plate. Add tomatoes, avocados, and fresh herbs.
Whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette. Drizzle over salad.
Serve salad on its own or over a bed of baby arugula or baby spinach.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Sodium: 304mg | Potassium: 641mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 744IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg