BBQ Chicken Salad
Crisp, fresh, and colorful, BBQ Chicken Salad is no ordinary salad. This dish has absolute layers of flavor - sweet and tangy BBQ chicken, crunchy tortilla strips, and a creamy Greek yogurt ranch dressing. Use the recipe provide to make a quick and easy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing, or just grab your favorite store-bought ranch dressing to save time.
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Fresh or Dried Herbs (parsley, dill, chives, or a combination)
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Pinch Salt
- 1 lb Chicken breast, boneless and skinless, sliced into cubes
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil (I prefer grapeseed or avocado oil for most things)
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce (use your favorite)
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup Corn (use canned corn, drained or frozen corn, defrosted)
- 1 cup Black Beans (canned and drained)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sub diced tomato)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 cup Tortilla Strips (store-bought or homemade)
Whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, herbs, honey, and garlic powder. Add water until the dressing thins slightly and is easy to pour (start with 1 tsp and add a tiny bit more, as needed). Stir in a pinch of salt. Taste the dressing and add a bit more honey or salt if you’d like it more sweet / salty.
Ranch Dressing - The recipe provided is loosely adapted from the Ranch Seasoning mix that I keep in the pantry. Don’t want to make your own dressing? Store-bought Ranch Dressing works great, of course!
If you want to make a larger batch of BBQ chicken, try Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken or Instant Pot BBQ Chicken.
Calories: 439kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 635mg | Potassium: 858mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1325IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 2mg