Chilled Spanish-style tomato soup - perfect for hot weather. Top it with avocado, sour cream, or those Pan-Fried Crispy Chickpeas (recipe linked below) for a light lunch or dinner. I love packing leftovers for lunch!
- 1 ½ lbs Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 medium Cucumber, peeled, roughly chopped
- ½ Roasted Red Pepper (from a jar of roasted red peppers in olive oil)
- 3 slices Bread, torn into pieces (roughly 3 ounces)(baguette or sourdough are great, and bread that is a couple days old is ideal)
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- pinch Crushed Red Pepper, to taste
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
For serving (any of these are great):
Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, bread, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and crushed red pepper in a blender. Blend until nearly smooth. Add water if the soup seems thick. Taste and add salt and pepper, as desired.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with any of the recommendations above or set all of them out so that people can customize their bowl!
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 156mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g