Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Snack Mix
This snack mix is a Thai twist on a snack-ish classic with cereal, spices, brown sugar and spicy Sriracha.
Half Sheet Pan
- 6 cups Rice, Wheat, or Corn Cereal (any combination will do but I used equal parts Cheerios and rice and wheat Chex, and those trumpet-shaped corn snacks)
- 1 cup Roasted peanuts (unsalted is best)
- 1 cup Pretzels
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha Hot Sauce (more or less, to taste)
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- Zest from 1 lime
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves, very thinly sliced (optional; find these frozen at Asian markets)
- 2 Tbsp White Sesame Seeds
Preheat oven to 250 F. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine cereal, nuts and pretzels in a large mixing bowl or plastic bag.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the brown sugar and continue cooking until fully melted. Remove from heat and stir in all the remaining ingredients except sesame seeds. Pour liquids over cereal and toss quickly to coat. Add sesame seeds and toss to combine.
Spread snack mix on prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown and fragrant, about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container to store. (As if you'll really be able to "store" it - it will be gone fast!)
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 490mg | Potassium: 253mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 646IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 8mg