Meatball Taco Bowls
One of our favorite weeknight freezer meals, simmer meatballs in sauce and top taco bowls with any of your favorite toppings.
Servings: 4 Servings
Half Sheet Pan
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef (sub any ground meat like pork, turkey or chicken)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Kale or fresh herbs like Parsley or Cilantro (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 cups Enchilada Sauce (we use homemade)
- 16 Meatballs (ingredients listed above)
- 2 cups Cooked Rice, white or brown
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1 cup store-bought Salsa or Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 Jalapeno, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- Tortilla Chips, for serving
To Make / Freeze:
In a large bowl, combine ground meat, eggs, kale (if using), salt and pepper. Mix with your hands just until evenly combined. Form into 16 meatballs about 1-inch in diameter and place on a sheet pan lined with foil.
If using within a couple days, refrigerate for up to 2 days.
If freezing, place sheet pan in freezer until meatballs are solid. Transfer to a freezer bag. Meatballs will keep in the freezer for 3 to 4 months.
In a medium saucepan, bring enchilada sauce to a low simmer. Add meatballs (no need to defrost first if meatballs were frozen). Simmer meatballs until cooked through, 12 minutes if fresh and 20 minutes if frozen.
While meatballs simmer, prep other ingredients.
Assemble taco bowls by topping rice with meatballs and sauce, sliced avocado, salsa, cheese, jalapeño slices, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and tortilla chips.
Print and attach the label below so cooking instructions are ready when you are!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 661kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 174mg | Sodium: 2384mg | Potassium: 1096mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1911IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 213mg | Iron: 5mg