Herbed Baked Eggs
Topped with a combination of herbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic and cooked under the broiler, these baked eggs can be served hot and bubbly straight from the oven.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted French bread or brioche, for serving
Preheat the broiler for 5 minutes and place the oven rack 6 inches below the heat.
Combine the garlic, thyme, rosemary, parsley, and Parmesan and set aside. Carefully crack 2 eggs into each of 4 small bowls or teacups (you won't be baking them in these) without breaking the yolks.
Place 4 individual gratin dishes or ramekins on a baking sheet. Place 1/2 tablespoon of cream and 1/2 tablespoon of butter in each dish and place under the broiler for about 3 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Quickly, but carefully, pour 2 eggs into each gratin dish and sprinkle evenly with the herb mixture, then sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Place back under the broiler for 5 to 6 minutes, until the whites of the eggs are almost cooked. (The eggs will continue to cook after you take them out of the oven.) Serve immediately with toasted bread.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 400mg | Sodium: 204mg | Sugar: 1g