French Yogurt Cake with Lemon
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- ¾ cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a 9x5 loaf pan with butter or oil. Dust with flour; tap out excess.
- Whisk 1 ½ cups flour, baking powder, and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
- Using your fingers, rub sugar with lemon zest in a large bowl until sugar is moist. Add yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract; whisk to blend. Fold in dry ingredients just to blend.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 50–55 minutes. (If the surface becomes darker than a golden brown while baking, cover the pan with foil and continue baking until cooked through.)
- Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto rack; let cool completely.