Fresh asparagus complements crisp bacon and rich Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese in this Corkscrew Pasta with Asparagus and Crispy Bacon.
A few things have been happening around here lately. Spring-themed things.
It started when Frank bought a pair of seersucker pants. I picked him up at a coffee shop on Friday after work, and felt an overwhelming desire to buy a big hat and find us some mint juleps.
For the next week I put strawberries in every smoothie and invented dishes that contained little more than crisp, sweet stalks of asparagus.
If spring is a state of mind, we’re embracing it fully with our fictional mint juleps in hand and this seasonal dish on the table.
I love simple pastas as a vehicle to highlight a favored vegetable of the moment, and in this dish, the asparagus really shines. It is cooked just until it turns bright and crisp – a great complement to all that crisp bacon and rich Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. It was the curly Amorini pasta in this dish that cozied up to the kalamata olives in my purse last week just before they met their tragic end.
I’m thrilled to share this recipe as part of a new partnership with Parade.com!
More Spring Recipes
- Muffin Pan Strawberry Shortcakes
- Frittata with Asparagus, Bacon and Goat Cheese
- Creamy Shells with Peas and Bacon
- Egg, Brie and Arugula Breakfast Sandwich with Strawberry Glazed Bacon
- Pesto Flatbread with Shaved Asparagus and Bacon
- Spring Cobb Salad with Creamy Herb Yogurt Dressing
- Fruit Salsa with Baked Cinnamon Sugar Chips
- Semolina Yogurt Cake
- Instant Pot Steamed Artichokes
- Mediterranean Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- Pesto Pasta Salad